View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 28, 2011, 08:05 AM

AA with nausea and tired

HI! I was just given the diagnosis of AA this past fall and am starting to talk to a transplant doctor. My numbers are not actually really all that low (platelets-68, Hemoglobin-9.2) But right now I play the "wait and see" game which is frustrating. I know that is the life of AA whether in treatment or not but I haven't quite got the hang of it yet as I am new to the diagnosis. My counts have been flactuating since my pregnancy 2 years ago and because there are no blood counts prior to that, I could have had this for years. I feel like I play mind games with myself because I think and worry that things are related to AA but then I tell myself that I am just using that as an excuse as I could have had this forever and didn't have that for excuse when I didn't know about it. Either way, it is hard not to be worried about playing medical issues off as being part of the AA. I am not on any kind of treatment but right now I get naseous at random times, wake up feeling naseous and end up throwing up, and like others, I am tired but I am also a teacher, coach, and mother of a 3 and 1.5 year old so fatigue is inevitable. It sure does take me awhile to get myself going again if I have a really stressful or hard day or couple of days. It gets to be an emotional up and down and I don't even have to deal with the tough stuff yet of treatment and/or really low counts. I am normally a very positive, not a big deal kind of person so not being that way at times is frustrating.