View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 28, 2016, 06:04 PM

Very good questions. You say Day 14, is that 14 since the Vidaza finished? My HGB stayed fairly constant during my treatments. My platelets were what moved the most and were very predictable from cycle to cycle. They dropped to 40-60 about 10 days following treatment before bouncing back to around 200 before the next cycle. My first cycle my HGB was at a low of 9.4 and I still did the seven days of Vidaza. After that cycle my HGB has been above 10 and now above 13.

I had CBCs every seven days for my first 5 cycles. Then when my counts became predictable it was every two weeks for a CBC.

The answer to your last question(from my discussions) is to continue with the regular cycle and get the transfusion if needed. The doctors with me have once changed to a lower dosage the time my CBC showed low counts, but did not change the length of the cycle.

What are your CBC numbers for HGB, RBC, WBC, platelets and neutrophils? Those numbers really guide the use of Vidaza.