View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 10:10 AM

Mind boggling.... on many levels!

Hi Sandy...
Where else would complete strangers go to such lengths to help you to understand the seemingly impossible disease of MDS...(and a diagnosis explanation over the phone? hmmmm....)

Greg H, you are an inspiration...I learn from you every time I visit this forum!
Freedom, your info is excellent and easy to interpret...
....and just wait until Neil chimes in!

Sandy, you have discovered a hugely important facet of treatment for your brother in law....support from knowledgeable people who do NOT have a monetary agenda! This forum is amazing!

If you are able, set your brother up with a notebook of blank calendar pages and start keeping copious notes....doctor visits, cbc #'s, treatments, supporting meds, medical tests, etc....as time goes on, the information is important and the memory gets fuzzy!
Hopefully, your B-I-L will feel comfortable enough to enter this wonderful website!
Best, Cheri
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly