View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 16, 2013, 09:43 PM

Bone biopsy - drill method vs manual method

Hi, I'm new to this forum but just wanted to ask if any of you have had a marrow biopsy with the drill method (OnControl) via the NHS (UK)? I read that it is a bit better than the manual approach? My doc wants to do a standard manual biopsy for persistent low WBC (ANC 1.0-1.5) and I wondered if anywhere in UK uses the drill, and is it less painful? Either way I think I would prefer conscious sedation! I am not looking forward to it. I am amazed in this day and age they haven't come up with a better way to do this, considering other technology improvements everywhere else. It feels like something from medieval times lol!

I wonder if I just need more vit b12/folate. The neutrophils did go up briefly at one point when I had more in my diet, but they came back down again when I had less. I will try increasing them again, plus other vits. I have a bad feeling though it's more serious than vitamin deficiency. Also, I wonder if wifi in home has anything to do with this? I started using that this year, and wonder if it's true that wifi suppresses immune system? I've stopped using it now, but the signals are all around us from neighbors etc. so can't really escape it. Anyway, thx for any experience re BMBs.