View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 14, 2015, 02:25 AM

For anyone who reads this thread you need to realize that every patient and biopsy is different. I have had one biopsy of the right hip. They really wanted to do it under conscious sedation, probably because it makes it easier to control the patient. I don't like wasting my day so I refused. They thought I was nuts and put in a line just in case I couldn't tolerate it. I was prepared for it to be very painful but, except for the lidocaine injection (local anesthetic), which feels like a bee sting for about 5-10 secs, it really didn't hurt at all and I wad only a little sore for about 24 hours. I suspect it's generally better for most people to have conscious sedation, especially if you are apprehensive. If, however, you need to forego conscious sedation, I wouldn't get too upset about it. After working for a long time to get into my bone and after bending 4 manual punches, they gave up. I am returning in a week for a second attempt with a drill. I don't plan to have conscious sedation.