Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 24, 2009, 06:05 PM

Desensitization process

Hi all! Well apparently there has only been about 6 desensitizations done so far world wide! I had an allergic reaction to the Horse ATG skin test and so they did the rabbit ATG back in April. There were little to no results so my Dr wanted to try the Horse ATG.

They basically started out with very small doses of the ATG until they had a full 100% dose going. It took about 6 days to do but the hospital was so great!! At the first signs of serum sickness they stopped the atg and gave me a break from it. Whereas the hospital I did the rabbit atg at just kept pumping it in me even when I was really sick.

So I had a cbc on Tuesday and my platelets jumped up to 39,000 from 13,000and my rbc count also went up on its own. It has never gone up on its own, not once so we are pretty excited about it!! I know it'll take awhile to really know for sure but we are very hopeful!!!
Lee-39 years old-AA,PNH and chromosome 12 disorder-1 rabbit ATG treatment and 1 horse ATG treatment. Getting my bone marrow transplant on November 23, 2010!!!! Counts as of 12-27-10 HGB 12.0, WBC 7.8, platelets 80, Neut# 3.9(12-24-10)!!! Just a touch of GVHD but back home!