Thread: Hi all!!
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 02:06 PM

Wink Hi all!!

Hi everyone, I've spent the past week browsing this brilliant informative website & now its time I jumped in to join you. I feel a bit of a fraud as I feel as healthy as I ever have but my doctor thinks otherwise. I'm beginning to get over the denial and this website has helped me understand whats might be going on with my blood. It all started 3 years ago after a tummy bug, my wbc were 2.2 so had tests repeated for 6 months and no change so I was referred to a haemotologist, after a few visits over 9 months he thought it was just 'one of these things' and that I'd be ok. So I was happy with that. Early this spring I seen a dermatologist about eczema & she did a cbc for her records, on my next visit with her she insisted I go back to the Haemotologist as my platelets dropped to 125 approx and my Hb was 11. I went back and haem ran loads of tests & BMB. So my blood tests were ok but the BMB showed I was hypocellular, think about 30% cellularity (not too sure about percentage). But my levels are well within safe values so I only have to have a cbc every 2 months to monitor. I feel fine except I'm a bit tired as the day goes on.
Thats my story.