View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:12 PM

What is AGC? The counts we usually look at are Hgb, WBC, Plt and ANC (neutrophils).

I agree with the others that there is no reason to panic at this point. Your daughter's progress sounds very good to me. All counts typically go up and down, and often stall out for a while before starting to rise again. As long as the general direction over time is more up than down, the little fluctuations along the way don't mean much. A platelet drop of only 1k is statistically insignificant.

The margin of error in testing is greater than you might think too. We once had Ken's Hgb retested because 7.6 seemed unbelievably low (even though he was relapsing at the time). The second test, just an hour later, came back 8.2. Go figure. Still low, but I had been charting his counts for over a year and by that time I knew what was within his typical pattern (even in relapse) and what wasn't. I suggest you do the same. I suspect that once you become familiar with the normal ups and downs you will be able to relax more.