Thread: need your help
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 04:56 AM

need your help

Hi everyone.
Yesterday I went to receive my transfusion like every three weeks since two years ago and I receive the new I didnt think it would arrive ...I possibly have a donor.
After five years fighting with aplastic anemia, and a lot of transfusions....i am very scared. Maybe one year ago I was psicologically prepared for transplant but now....im scared for the amount od transfusions and the three atgs I had...because I read is not good for the trasplant success and because I read and know a lot of histories about people who have passed away with the trasplant and I dont know what to do....I want to run away, i geel in panic....I though that when I received this new I would be ready and happy.Maybe I am used to life like that after five years. My levels are very low, i need ttansfusions every three weeks and i cant do a lot of things, but im alive, stable and i dont have complications.

Please, help me. I need testimonies of people wit a long aplastic anemia history and a lot pf yransfusion who had success in their yrasplants. I need to know where you find your strengh and you bravery to pass all the progress because I see people go to the trasplant happy and strong with more hope than fear....and i cant be like that.
Janire, age 31, diagnosed AA september 2007; treated with ATG november 2007, no response; 2xATG april 2008, total remission..... RELAPSE and 3xATG in april 2011....now waiting for a response... not always easy. Http://anemiaaplasica.blogspot.com