View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 11, 2016, 10:06 AM

Generic forms

Bailie,

In India, many medicines are available in generic form and therefore at far lower prices than their international counterparts. Vidaza is brand name for Azacitidine manufactured by Celegne. You can google Azacitidine and Decitabine in India, you will find relevant information. It may be of no use to you, but people in Singapore can have access to these drugs available in India.
azacitidine was launched in India only about a year back, prior to that Decitabine was the only option. I don't have first hand information but I believe a cycle of azacitidine is about $1000. It's still very high cost for us in India.
My mother continues to be on transfusions, but I try to keep myself updated of whatever treatment possibilities exist, if and when needed. We have no clinical trials happening in India for any MDS related drugs.
Wish you good health.