View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 28, 2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Hi - Did you get the biopsy results? Is he having any GVHD - did they drop the tacro because he had high levels in his blood other reasons? My platelets dropped when I had GVHD and did not start to rise again until after it was treated with Rituxin - It sounds like he's four months post transplant? I only now reached 100+ seven months post transplant. The main thing is how his marrow looks at this point- glad he's feeling well. Sorry you all have to go through this -I'm sure its stressful - but hoping its not too big a deal.

Best,
Paul

Paul, We will be getting the results later today. He did not have any GVHD at the moment and I believe he reduced it last week to err on the side of caution if it is a relapse. He's about 5 months post-transplant. About a month ago the doctor stopped the Tacro for 5 days because his kidneys and liver were taking a hit and that's when we noticed the plts dropping and petechial (small bruises) on his legs! I hope there is a correlation with that. I will update as soon as a hear something.
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.