View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 20, 2016, 01:59 PM

Thank you

Just wanted to thank everyone that has joined me on the journey from the beginning with my dads diagnosis of MDS back on April 9 2015. He passed away July 1 from this awful disease surrounded by the people he loved so much. After the DLI he experienced graft failure which gave the cancer cells time to essentially take over and end his life. I am extremely sad but I know he received the absolute best care at Duke and his home Doctor.

The stem cell transplant in my mind was still a success since he was able to see my daughter born and know that my sister graduated with a doctorate in chiropractic medicine. One of the last things he said was for us not to worry about him and that he will be ok. Such a strong faith in God! I wanted to end this last entry on the forum for people that are researching for their loved ones to enjoy EVERY DAY with your person and try not to always talk about their medical condition. I was always obsessed with trying to cure my dad and I feel like I didn't just have the time to be his daughter.

As a nurse working in oncology, I do see the advances that are being done in this field and I hope that I can one day see better survival odds regarding the transplant and treatments. Thanks again everyone!
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.