View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 7, 2011, 10:17 AM

Cheri,

Sorry to hear you're having these additional problems. Having suffered from diverticulitis for years, I can sympathize with you. Maybe your doctor can give you something for the muscle spasms, as that will help with the pain. I also use a heating pad.
Hopefully the Cipro will get everything under control. I've learned over the years what I can't eat, and that includes sesame seeds, corn (any kind - no popcorn either), peanuts, and strawberries. The last bad episode I had (lasted three months) and they started talking about taking out part of my lower intestines. The day before that attack I had eaten brunswick stew with corn, some really crisp bacon, and strawberry preserves. I don't know which one triggered the attack, so now I stay away from it all, even the bacon. I don't want to risk things flaring up again. The pain is bad enough, but when they started talking about cutting me open, I decided it was past time to get serious!
So good luck and hope you're feeling better. You've got enough to deal with without this, too.
We're headed to Emory in a little while for my husband's weekly checkup as he is on Spacitabine, his second clinical trial. He's only had one cycle, so it's too soon to know if it's working, but we're praying that something will put him in remission.
Linda
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.