View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 7, 2010, 02:24 PM

Survivor in Illinois

Cheryl,
I live probably around 3 hours from you to the west. Where are you getting your medical care. I am a 28 year survivor having been in remission for 24 years. I most likely had Moderate Aplastic Anemia. A transplant was being planned but I did not have an exact match within my family and there was no bone marrow registry at that time. I was diagnosed at age 14 and went thru a round of ATG and was on Cyclosporine for about 2 1/2 yrs. In the midst of those I also underwent many other types of treatments but the ATG and Cyclosporine worked for me.

Do you know about aamds.org? This foundation is a wonderful source of support, answers and hope.

Please reply if you would like to get in touch with me via email or phone. I know how very terrifying this disease is when first diagnosed. As you get more answers and participate in this support system, you will be able to cope.