View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 9, 2010, 10:08 PM

newly dx in Illinois

Ryan Jay- thanks for responding. I am looking forward to hearing a good report about your treatment at Lahey, which I believe is today. I would really like to keep in touch while you are going through this. As I mentioned earlier, you are in my thoughts and prayers. 3 biopsies in a month...why so many? How long did you have low normal numbers? I am so new at this, and it feels so surreal because I haven't been ill or anything. We just noticed slightly low numbers during a physical last year.

GretchenMW- I have a lot of questions for you! What does it mean 6.5 doses h-ATG? Does that mean you have had that treatment 6 times? And also you wrote many treatments in between... That is wonderful that you have been in remission for a long time. Is that "normal"? My email is cheryl.piercy@yahoo.com if you would like to write.

I am scheduled to go to Barnes in St. Louis on Wednesday for a consult. I made this appt. before my doctor diagnosed me with mild/moderate AA. As a matter of fact, he was surprised that I wanted to go since my numbers were "low but not anything special ." I asked for the biopsy and he said it would be just for "peace of mind". Then got results and have had anything but peace of mind!

Looking forward to hearing from you both, and anyone else who cares to chime in!