View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 16, 2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayceechic View Post
I was recently diagnosed with MDS (July) and I'm scared as hell too and looking for information. I need a stem cell transplant and found out today that my only brother is not a match. I survived non-Hodgkin's lymphoma from 2007 only to be told last month that my body apparently didn't tolerate the chemo very well and now I have MDS. I'm only 41 and was just getting over the looking over my shoulder all the time from the previous cancer and now this.

My co-worker is an AA survivor - 12 years. He was treated at Johns Hopkins at Baltimore so there is hope for all of us here.

I just wanted to say hi so I wouldn't feel so alone today.
Hi Jayceechic, Just know that you are not alone we all one big family in this together. This is a great site. Lots of good info, support and comfort here. I as well as many others understand the panic that you must be going through. Mostly its fear of the unknown. I especially hate that this is your second go round with cancer. Please, Don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may have. I mean any. Take care of yourself and try to be positive in your thoughts. Rose