View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 3, 2011, 10:41 AM

Strangers who pray for us

That story reminded me of how I went into a health food store, and I randomly started speaking about tea to a very religious woman, who said that she missed her flight, and believed that she was meant to encounter someone special that day.
After telling her my story, she grabbed both of my hands and on the spot, prayed for my recovery and said that I was the reason and the person! VERY powerful stuff!
I also went to a lawyer I had never met, to draw up my will and get my affairs in order...he HUGGED me on the way out and said he would pray for me....
Then there was the girl selling cosmetic products....and the lady at the jewelry party, and......
Needless to say, I am humbled and so appreciative... What a comforting, generous thing to say "I'll pray for you"
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly