View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:18 PM

Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janire View Post
I am waiting for a transplant too and I am really scared. On march 15th I have to go to talk with the doctors about it and make pretrasplant tests.
The doctor told me I have 2 donors with a "reasonable compatibility". He doesnt want to tell me more by phone and I am freaking out. What is a reasonable compatibility??
I am 33 years old and with a looong AA history. I am scared because of the amount of transfusions and everything....
You should read about squirrlypoo. She had a positive outcome. Plus you are much younger. You may very well have a more positive turnout then. The best compatibility is 10/10. If they can not find one then maybe you can look into various organizations or ask about it so you are prepared. I wish I knew more myself. Be persistent and call again. Simply say, "I need to know what a reasonable compatibility is." After all you are dealing with your life and you need to know what the match is. You want the best match possible if that can be provided for you. That's what I would do.