View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 17, 2010, 11:03 AM

Cool Don't like hair either

We are in about the same place. I was diagnosed first of June SAA. ATG treatment was the end of July. Came home from hospital taking 950mg of cyclosporine (skunk pills), it is now at 300mg yeah. Prednisone was at 20mg then up to 60mg to fight off serum sickness, (worst pain ever). Prednisone is now being cut back slowly to 30 mg. I noticed the fluffy body quickly, not just face. My belly is so puffy my lower back hurts. My nails and head hair have grown quick and strong yeah. The hair on my face ugh. I tweeze everyday, trying not the tremble another side effect of prednisone. There are razors made for women that really aren't shaving just removing the black ones. These small blade razors are found with the nail files, and tweezers in store. Indigestion, mouth feeling like it was on fire, tingle and burn on palms and bottoms of feet is from cyclosporine. I take meds. then eat and then sit for sometimes up to an hour before all the side effects go away. Tums helps late at night. My Dr. says the puffy will go away and the black hairs will stop growing when I am off prednisone.
I am excited I made my own blood last week.
wbc 4.4 rbc 2.80 platelet count 90 yeah that is an all time high for me
Best wishes to you. Keep in touch.