View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 30, 2012, 08:26 PM

Hi Amber,

Yes. My cyclosporine is montored weekly and the dr. likes me to stay between 200-400. It is adjusted weekly for any changes. I have been at 1.3 2x a day, equaling 260 mg. My creatinine is between 1.4-1.6, high but I am older, and kidneys don't function at 100% as you age and get frequent transfusions. Last week my cylco #s were high and I was adjusted down to 1.2 twice a day, at the same time my creatinine had jumped up.
The dr. Instructed me to reduce my cyclosporine because my creatinine levels had gone up

I had recently begun a steroid, budesonide, which I believe contributed to the jump in creatininee and cyclosporine levels.

All along my dr. keeps telling me to flush with plenty of fluids to get the cyclosporine out and keep the creatine levels low. I do, I always drink 64 oz of water daily, and then have milk or juice to supplement.

So, in response (I do take other medications which may impact creatinine levels too), I do believe there is a relationship between the creatinine and the cyclosporine levels.

donna
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.