View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 4, 2019, 01:08 PM

Thank you Mario and Bossywife, for your answers. I 'm grateful for all the answers and detailed explanations on here, I just wish I would have found this site during my mother's own battle with MDS. I had a lot of questions and information to gather during her long fight, for my own knowledge and peace of mind at least. I guess it just always bothered me in the back of my mind as to why wait until after chemo? When it was an uphill battle the whole time to try and get the platelets, whites and reds back to a decent level just to do ANOTHER round of maintenance chemo, then the stem cell transplant. It just seemed like the odds weren't good of making it through all of this. I do realize it is just the "what-if" part of grieving, trying to find some justification for the way it all ended so abruptly. Her doctors told her initially that if everything went according to plan, she could get another 10 years or so. In the end, it was not my mother's doctors or the hospital or the medicines that failed her, it was her own body, and I need to come to terms with that. Thanks again for letting me vent.