View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 19, 2010, 06:23 PM

Lori,
Did you read my post in response to the thread that you started yesterday titled non-myeloablative transplant? I totally agree that if you don't have to have radiation.....DON'T!! If you must, that is different. If the outcome is the same for mini or full, and the side effects of pretreatment are much milder with a mini, I would really take that into consideration. You have been blessed with a perfect, related donor. Take all these things into consideration. I feel for you that this is turning into such a rushed decision. I would think that insurance would prefer mini, especially since there would be no radiation expense. I don't understand the thought that mini is a clinical trial. They have been doing them for quite awhile. Perhaps it is the drugs they will use for pretreatment that is a trial.

We are all here for you in thought and prayer. The Lord will guide you.

Mary
Mary, wife of Mike age 70; diagnosed MDS RARS 1999. Tried Vidaza, Revlimid, and Dacogen. SCT 10/1/09 at U of MI; induction FluBu2; sister perfect match donor. 5 years out, little to no GVHD. Off all meds. God is good