View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 19, 2010, 06:56 PM

Mary, I did received your post. I think i replied??? I wanted to see what everyone else/anyone else said. I am learning that each hospital has their standard. I am meeting with the Doctor again tomorrow. I'm not so concerned that it is a "rushed" decision, I just want all the facts and alternatives to be clear to me. I am having the transplant at this hospital (Indiana University Simon Cancer Center). I am assuming, will know for sure tomorrow, that IU uses the radiation procedure as a standard (head Doc is pro radiation) and my doc is trying to get enough in the "mini" - and until they have enough performed they are in trial??? I don't know yet! I will find out!

I appreciate your comments Cheri and Mary. I am in remission now and want to have this done asap before it returns!

By the way, my husband and I spent 2 hours with the Doctor already! AND 13 tubes of blood was taken! lol woohoo. Lori
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)