View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 4, 2011, 06:40 AM

TODAY is the day!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Good news: the hospital has total approval AND the insurance approved me to receive the non-myeloblative treatment (also known as the mini transplant). I think last posting I told you I was to be admitted yesterday, however it was changed to today. We go in at 8:00 to get sedated and have the Central Line inserted. Then I will be transported to my room. There I will receive pain medication for the discomfort from the central line. The docs will come in to talk to us and sometime in the afternoon I will receive my first dose of chemo. It will run 2 hours tomorrow and Wednesday. The next 5 days I will receive chemo for 30 minutes each day. Next Tuesday, Jan. 11, Tracy will give the stem cells and I will receive them sometime that evening.

I'll let you know more as I know. I've been feeling really great! Except for my head attire, I doubt anyone would know I am sick! It has been nice. At times I have a false sense of being healthy,,, but I know I am not and in a matter of time I will be very sick if I don't pursue this treatment.

Bring on the prayers for me and my family please. Blessings to all of you, Lori

P.S. More frequent updates will be on my caringbridge site.
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)