View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 24, 2016, 07:25 AM

36 years old. MDS or other?

Hello, recently became concerned with my health.

In august I became ill with Chills and weakness. Doctor told me it was a virus and I'd feel better in a few days. I did, but about a week later I had strange muscle soreness that started in my neck and went to my entire body. It lasted a week. Doc tested me for all kinds of stuff including HIV and Lyme etc.

REsults came back all negative except for "slightly low WBC and high ANA (anti nuclear antibodies). I was sent to rhumetologist 6 weeks later who did another CBC, but could not diagnose me with a autoimmune disorder (those tests were negative.) I noticed some enlarged lymph nodes at this time in my groin as well. they were ultrasounded one was 1.1cm others were 1.0

CBC from Sep22:
WBC: 3.2 xE9/L
RBC 4.78 xE12/L
Hemoglobin 149 g/L
Hemacrit .430 L/L
MCV 90 fL
MCH 31.2 pg
MCHC 347
Platets 201 xE9/L
RDW 13.5

Neutrophils 2.0
Lymphocytes 0.9
Mono 0.3
eosinphilis 0.0
basophils 0.0

Vitamin B12: 247 pmol/L
Vit D: 125 nmol/L

A couple other things were out of whack too: Serum protien Alpha 2 Globulin measured a little low at 4.7 (range 5-9) and compliment C3 low at .77 (range .9 0 1.8)

I realized at this time that I'd lost about 7-8 lbs for no reason. Im getting very thin and feel tired and dizzy.
I became concerned. But I wasn't quite sure what for. It was a little while later I had a complete mental breakdown and panic for 3 days and went to the ER to find out what was wrong. They did another CBC and I was told that my blood looks great and not to worry about blood cancer. The ER doc told me my WBC was 6.6 and lymphocytes were 1.0. I was relieved but I still had no answers to the way I was feeling.

4 days later I did another CBC that the Rhumatologist had ordered previously and my WBC had dropped to 6.1 which is fine but my lymphocytes dropped to 0.7. I got very worried about this again and I am still feeling crappy and continuing to lose a little weight despite eating a lot more food than I'm used to. Rhume also informed me after checking my medical history that my WBC has been measured low a few times in the last few years (since 2013 I think)

Saw my family doctor again OCT 16 and was told not to worry but she ordered another CBC:

WBC: 3.9
RBC: 4.88
HB: 154
HCT: .442
MCV: 91
MCH 31.6
MCHC: 349
RDW 13.1
PLT: 198
MPV: 7.2 (can anyone tell me what this is? range is 7.0-12)

Neuts: 2.7
Lymph: .8
Mono: .5
EOSN: 0.0
BASO: 0.0

Doctor is still telling me to not worry. test again in a month. She says my blood is "no where near" bad enough for a hema referral and a BMB. Meanwhile I've started tracking my calories and I'm up to 2800-3200 a day and not gaining an ounce. I feel ****** and tired and my lymph nodes are still enlarged.

All of my symptoms are getting explained away as anxiety and its frustrating!

Would love some advice thanks! I'm seeing my doctor again this afternoon and not looking forward to fighting with her.

Last edited by uno99 : Mon Oct 24, 2016 at 08:21 AM.