View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 18, 2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post
Last year when I was on prednisone and imuran (back when we thought I had ITP) I had a bout with PCP which was pretty nasty. Symptoms were uneven - great weakness in the legs, broke a sweat from nothing, only had a fever in the early morning which was easily killed by a couple of Tylenol. Lungs sounded good and looked clear in CT and X-Ray. Bronchoscopy found the monsters causing it. Spent 3 days in the hospital up to the bronch, took 2 days of Bactrim and felt improvement within about 12 hours.
Hey Dan!

I really appreciate that detail; I'm feeling great today, so I hope the doxycycline is working. But, base don your report, I'll know what to look for.

If your sig is up-to-date, it sounds like you are hanging in there. Are you pretty much watch-and-wait at this point?

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com