Thread: Blasts in blood
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 30, 2013, 08:43 PM

The 10 day cycle brought the blasts in the blood down from 37% to 7%, but the 10 day cycle was to much, so we went back to the 5 day cycle, just finished 5 day today but the blasts have been slowly creeping up, there we at 11% Thursday, Tina had pricked her finger on something and now it is infected, so we did a bag of IV Augmentin today and have to go in tomorrow for another bag, we wanted to put off blood and platelet transfussions Monday because it was a holiday, buy they said it not a good idea because Tina has had Severe Thrombocytopenia. In 8 months ( 32 weeks ) we have had 44 tests ( we have had more tests than that, but Im not counting the times we were hospitolized ) and our platelet average is 3, so Im finding myself starting to worry more, dont get me wrong we have our good days, and we had the best summer in our whole life, so even if setbacks are happining in our life I try to keep it on a positive note, what Im saying is if you read my threads and you are new, dont nessacearly think what is happining to us is whats is in store for you, it happens this way for some people and some not, I have plenty of people I know and associate with that have over come Leukemia and have gone into remission, dont try to compare that will only get you down. everybody is different, remember there are a lot of factors that determine how someone does, I am allways thinking and praying for everybody here and I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers ya'll send us.....Billy
Billy - Husband of Tina: 31 years old at dx - June 2007 - Stage 3 Breast Cancer - Dec 2008 Stage 4 - Brain and Bone - Nov 2012 - Therapy Related AML. Curently on Decitabine for Therapy Related AML and Herceptain for ongoing Breast Cancer. Weekly transfussions of blood and platelets