View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 7, 2014, 07:05 AM

When I went through transplant, I had pretty good energy and was not in any particular discomfort until the white blood count and neutrophil count dropped down to almost zero. Like Ray, I was pretty down for about 1 week as the WBC got closer to zero and started recovering as WBC recovered. I didn't need very many RBC transfusions - I think that I had 5 or 6 total from just before the start of transplant through the end of my hospital stay, but I received platelets about every other day.

Unlike Ray, I had a fully myeloablative transplant that included busulfan and cyclophosphamide followed by ATG and Methotrexate. The chemo only really hit me on day 1 of the ATG, otherwise I feel like I fared pretty well. I had some GI issues (i am pretty sure everybody does), but did not experience severe nausea - I did take lots of anti-nausea drugs to be sure though.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.