View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 12:55 PM

NIH On Monday!

Hi Y'all!

I'm sitting in the local day surgery getting two units of PRBCs -- kind of a fill up before I makes the trip up to NIH on Sunday to start my 12-day sojourn and the Campath trial on Monday (11/15). My Hgb was 8.6, and we don't usually transfuse 'til it drops below 8. But there's a lot of cardiac testing prior to the trial and the research nurse asked that we not let Hgb get low enough to cause any heart flutters or such, because that could put the kabosh on the whole deal.

The schedule says we start with an Echocardiogram t 8:00 am on Monday, followed by getting suited up with a 24-hour Holter monitor. We give them blood, sign a lot of papers, and get checked in. The real business gets underway on Tuesday. I'm already signed up for a wireless internet password, so I hope to continue to check in while I'm there.

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com