View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 9, 2014, 12:01 AM

Deb it's funny when I realize the things that seem so germy to me now, or should I say shocking the things I didn't think were before!!! Sponges are super high on that list!!! Did you see the post I had about Ron's nutritionist advise about fruits and veggies (all berrys excluded)
Big bowl, one cup white vinagar, room temp water, rinsed and rubbed well veggies, soaked 10 min in the mixture. Then rinsed again cold water.
Anything that has a lot of hard to clean aspects (berrys, some veggies that you always find grit on) still avoid. But I would by the pre rinsed or organic when available spinach, kale, romane then soak those (Double clean!)
Ron loves and really missed fruits and veggies. I think that even w this wash they like for the nutriphils to be decent.
Ask Doug's Drs and maybe you can blend theses things for him or he can start eating them.
Dena thank you! I needed that advise! Those are the important things that really keep Ron on track. If he is given the reason for something's purpose it's easier for him to stay on track!
Kris thx again! I used that tonight w Ron " well so far the things your doing have been working so why stop now!" bc he's getting antsy!
Heather, wife of Ronald 36; dx PNH 2012; Dx VSAA 2013; eculizumab(Solaris) hATG 2/20/13 cyclosporine 400 mg daily. 37 units RBC and 15 units of platelets. Post BMT -pentam,vorconizole,valtrex, valcyte, actigall, Pepcid , prograf, magnesium.
10/10 MUD 10/10/13
Now no PNH or AA. Mixed Chimerisim