Thread: New to site
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 21, 2008, 10:29 AM

Keep the faith Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpenrod1 View Post
Hi, my name is Robin and my mom has been diagnosed with MDS. She started her first round today with Vidaza. I thought I had done my research lol, but there is so much to learn. this site is a wonderful place to find info. My mom is 68 years old.
her rbc today 10.2
wbc today 1.6
platlets 56,000

As a newbie is there anything in particular I should watch for?? she has moved in with me, so I can help out.. Truth be told I want to pull the covers over my head and cry. I know I have to be strong for her. It is comforting to know there are others out there managing this dreadful disease and leading meaningful lifes.

Robin, sorry to hear about your mother but do not despair. The worse thing about the MDS for me (I'm 73) is the constant tiredness and the inability to do small things without getting more tired, winded, and trembling. Everytime I catch myself beginning to have a "pity party" I simply think of all the other unfortunate people and the really severe troubles they have to endure. When I do that, it brings me back to reality . . . I'm actually a very lucky person. Do your best to keep your mother's spirits high, let her know she can rely on you always, and she will stay happy (as well as yourself). God Bless you for being a caring daughter, and God Bless your mother.