Thread: New to site
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 21, 2008, 01:30 PM

Thank you for your kind words of support. My mom's case was a little different. Originally she was diagnosed with Eurlickia. It is an infection caused by a deer tick bite which mimics MDS. This happened in July.She was treated for this , blood work shows out of system , so they have been watching her levels to see if they went back to normal level.. They did not so now back to the MDS

At treatment today I asked the nurse about the blasts, I have to ask the Dr. He was out today so I will ask tomorrow. No other abnormalities.I did ask for copies of all blood work to date . I want to chart everything. I am sure I will get the lingo but it is very confusing.

Mom a little nausea today. went to pharm to fill the nausea drug and the cost is 1000 for 20 pills. I told them I would be back. The nurse gave me 6 samples to finish up this round. Dr. has to call the insurance to say this is the only thing that will work. Wow, this is an expensive disease. My mom is on ss, so I am spending every free minute contacting every agency out there. If anyone is from MO. I can pass on tons of stuff for Seniors, especially if they are sick.

I am trying to be a good daughter, my brother lives out the country, so I am alone in this. There are days I want to scream. Really loud. It is nice to have a place with such support. My prayers and blessings go out to each of you.