View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 14, 2012, 01:28 PM

I concur with the other posters on here. A point i was once told by my consultant when I too was going though similar thoughts. They had in the chemo ward a patient who was riddled with cancer they gave him a very sad prognosis, but defying all odds he went into remission.....10 years later he went fishing, cast his rod a little too roughly ruptured his spleen and died....incredibly sad, but just echoes what everyone has said. You may think the worst about AA and think that it could do all sorts of bad things in the future, but just as equally it may not - in your girlfriends case the odds are that she will be fine!!! We are all going to die, that is the only fact of life, but hell, I put that away in a cupboard and don't open the door, each day I am on the planet I cram in as much as possible, I smile for Britain every day, I make people feel good about themselves, I feel very well indeed although my blood counts are way off normal, but they are keeping me doing all the things I love to do. Please heed the warnings, don't fuss and bother about maybes.....live for today......maybes may never happen and you have wasted all that time dwelling over them. Good luck for a loving long life together. xxxx