View Single Post
Old Sun May 9, 2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi C View Post
My Mom was originally dx 77 years of age in Jan 09 with MDS. Treated with Vidaza for 6 cycles with no improvement. Went to a clinical trial in October - February. No lasting improvement. Bone marrow in Mar 10 showed 30% blasts. Monday 4/26/10 blood results showed increasing WBC to 13 with 70% leukemic cells. In hospital since 5/1/10 with pneumonia. WBC now at 37.5. Other levels falling quickly. I am having the worst time getting through to the doctors here to get transfusions started. They work with hospitalists which is a doctor supplying company contracted to the hospital. We need transfusions no doubt but does anyone have any other suggestions? What happens when the WBC continues to climb?
Hi Mimi, So sorry to hear what you, your Mom and family are going through. I just wanted to tell you that doctors said my husband had eight months and its been 2 years and he is still on treatment. I am glad that you stood firm. I have to wonder what some of these doctors are thinking.This disease is unpredicable so much so that the docs don't really know everything there is to know. Keep your hope and take care of yourself as well. Rose