View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 8, 2012, 02:13 AM

Mom's CBC results

Hi all,

I attached the latest CBC and some of the extra tests report here. To me it seems like my mom has Hemolytic anemia if i compared the results with the iron related diagram.jpg found on the web. I know it is not so accurate as my mom has iron overload problem now. If anyone knows anything about my mom latest test results, much appreciated if you share some insight on the result. Thanx.

Extra info, my mom HB was 6 during the checked in the goverment hospital on 19/9/2012 and she has 2 packs of BT. After 14 days (3/10/2012), she has the CBC checked again in private hospital and the HB was at 9.4 which looks pretty good. As we heard from the hematologist before, normally one pack of blood will provide around 2 to the HB level, meaning to say the HB doesnt drop so much this time. Hopefully the HB will stayed above 8.5 after 2 weeks from now. My mom started taking sunchlorella (http://www.sunchlorella.com/) for around 2 months now. It seems the supplement helps as the HB did not drop so much compared to before. Anyway we will monitor for longer time.

About sunchlorella (supplement), we told hametologist about this and he says it is fine to take as it is a supplement. Since my mom has high iron overload problem now, we ask the reseller to check with the manufacturer in Japan, according to the fact sheet given, on the sunchlorella tablet, it has 5mg/15 tablets/day which i guess is very high, my mom has stopped taking the tablet . The liquid form is without iron so my mom will continue consuming.

One question, for the 5mg iron /day, is it consider very high or still within the acceptable levels ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Latest CBC.jpg (91.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Iron related Classification Diagram.jpg (39.5 KB, 13 views)
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015

Last edited by teo : Wed Oct 31, 2012 at 10:35 PM.