View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 11:36 AM

Benzene products

Hi Tasmith, I stopped using bleach, tide, snuggle, windex, ect, and have started using products that have organic melaleuca (tea tree oil) in them. You can find them online at www.melaleuca.com. I have been washing my clothes in the detergent (use 2 squirts per load) and using the liquid fabric softener. My husband has been using the lotion, and his eczema has cleared up. The products aren't any more expensive than my old products, and some are cheaper. I work with another nurse who told me that Tide had formaldehyde in it, and that snuggle did too, so I quit using them. I just diagnosed with aplastic anemia, so I figure it can't hurt to get rid of all the bad stuff in my house. I also quit using my exterminator, and have switched to one that uses organic killers, but that's more expensive. I read on aplasticcentral.com that english ivy can help get rid of benzene if you cook with gas, I guess keep it next to the stove? Good luck & hope this helps, Linda
Linda, 47 yo, married, mother of a teen, moderate AA w/ TERC mutation (2007 NIH), Pulmonary Fibrosis 2010, was on Danazol study (Aug 2011-2013 & restarted 9/14/15), last transfusion May 2011. On Promacta now. Needing a double lung and stem cell transplant.