View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 15, 2013, 09:27 PM

Wishing you all the best with your transplant. I know it wasn't
an easy decision to come to but you have such a positive spirit & energy about it which will really help you a lot. Your plans to eat well and exercise regularly until then are very smart. I also tried to gain a few extra pounds as a buffer since I knew there would be some weight loss and my body weight was normal before I made this decision. I also made some favorite fairly bland but healthy foods and froze them in advance in individual servings, such as chicken soup with matzoh balls, and sweet potato & coconut milk soup. Still not eating many veggies yet so other than carrots so if you decide to make things in advance you'll want to really limit the veggies to those that are really easy to digest
(NO peppers, onions, broccoli...).

Feel free to ask me any questions. If your clinic has physical therapists and or nutritionists, who work with transplant patients, these can be great people to meet with both before & after transplant.

Just curious what your platelet, white cell and neutrophil counts have been & how frequently you have been needing the red cell transfusions. Also if you've been healthy with no cold/flu issues or need for antibiotics since your counts started dropping.

I'm now 6-1/2 weeks out from my mini+ donor transplant. Hard to believe its already been 6 weeks already!!

Also, thought it could be helpful for you to know we received the nicest note from my 20 year old male donor, which was truly a surprise since I had been told no communication for 1 year. Apparently there can be anonymous communication sent, but it has to go thru his donor center and my clinic. They then edit and black out any identifying information before sending it on.

Best of luck!