View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 10, 2013, 02:44 AM

Ellen yes an enlarged spleen in a sign of hemolysis. You can have them do a LDH level test on your next blood draw.
PNH causes hemolysis , and is "normally" a secondary dx due to damage caused in the bone marrow ( in my husbands case AA caused the damage leading to pnh) you can find this out by a flow cetometry test during your next blood draw.
Hemoylisys normally can be measured by a LDH level. LDH is the amount of damage or break down of tissue being carried through your system. A high LDH won't mean you have PNH, as that's only determined through a flow test now.
Chirly your in my prayers. Your so supportive. Please try to keep the glass half full. I know it's hard. We struggle w that daily.
My husband has transfusions that last longer then others. Blood type, heat, sleep, stress, infection, donor, ect everything under the sun affect them. It's normal to only come up about 2 points after 3 units if ur already low and have other factors. I'll be praying that's the case for you
Heather, wife of Ronald 36; dx PNH 2012; Dx VSAA 2013; eculizumab(Solaris) hATG 2/20/13 cyclosporine 400 mg daily. 37 units RBC and 15 units of platelets. Post BMT -pentam,vorconizole,valtrex, valcyte, actigall, Pepcid , prograf, magnesium.
10/10 MUD 10/10/13
Now no PNH or AA. Mixed Chimerisim