View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 19, 2012, 06:39 PM

I want to have a baby

My name is Caitlin I have been in remission for about four years and would really like to have a baby. I was diagnosed in 2006 while I was pregnant with my daughter. When I was two months I started becoming real tired, bleeding gums, bruising all over and I could here my heart beat at night while I was trying to sleep. My doctors said it was all normal but I knew it could not be when I started waking up to blood clots the size of a quarter in my mouth my pillows would have blood stains. I could not make it the mail box with out feeling like I was going to black out, but they insisted I was fine. Until I was about 30 weeks and went in for my glucose test the nurse said she could not believe I was even able to stand she said I had no iron. I was sent to a hematologist where he said my hemoglobin was at 4.0 and my platelet count was 17. I was admitted for transfusions and sent home after a few days on bed rest.I was going in every week for transfusions for three weeks then my doctor called and said I should be induced. My daughter was born healthy 5lbs but stayed in the hospital for 10 days until she would feed. So I was getting transfusions about every three or four days for a few weeks they thought I would get better once she was born. When nothing was changing they decided to do the ATG horse serum I took the cyclosporine for about six months and was doing great my doctor took me off and with in three weeks every thing was dropping. So we did round two with the rabbit serum I was on that for a little over a year. I came of in 2008 and have been doing great. My husband and I would love to have another child and you can't find much information about being in remission and becoming pregnant. So I found this website during my search and thought maybe someone on here has or knows some one who has had a baby after treatment. I know that my health is important for myself and my daughter and would never want to go through all that again or put my family through it. Just looking for some input form people who would know first hand. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Last edited by cbravato : Tue Jun 19, 2012 at 08:45 PM.