View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 16, 2012, 01:35 PM

Thanks everyone. I knew y'all would come through for me.
He's still not 100% sure he wants one but I think he will change his mind before long, especially if they continue to have problems with his veins. After his blood transfusion and the liquid they gave him in the IV, they had no problem. But at other times, he's become a "hard stick."
I'll just be glad when 7:00 a.m. gets here. At Beth's suggestion, I bought a pulse oximeter. His oxygen level has been under 85 every time I've checked it and a couple of times 78. If I get him to take the deep breaths like Beth suggested, it goes up to around 90, most of the time.
I've emailed our local oncologist's nurse at Emory, where we are going in the morning, and shared my concerns. Haven't heard back from her yet. I just didn't know if I should be thinking about going to the ER or what.
Al is up and watching TV now and has eaten fairly good today. But I'm just freaking out at these low oxygen numbers, especially after reading online how much damage can be done to organs when your level is this low.
This has been a rough week.
Hope all of you are hanging in there!
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.