View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 17, 2013, 05:30 PM

Birgetta-A,

I know... I am very blessed...

tytd,

I am right there with you, I questioned whether or not I should even do Dacogen, after my blasts dropped from 5.5% to 3% on there own... Now, I haven't gotten the results of my 10/7 BMB/BMA/Cytogenetics yet (tomorrow I get them), but both of my previous BMB's read pretty much the same, except for decreased blasts... And my cytogenetics were terrible back in June... http://forums.marrowforums.org/showt...0046#post30046

With that being said, my dr said that with the initial response I got from Dacogen, I could probably stay on it and see good results for two years.... The issue is, I'm pretty much symptomatically in remission right now, I'm healthy, and everything is in alignment for a great transplant, I'm young, I have great insurance, my job is willing to give me the time off...

Do I chance all of the above and wait for something to go wrong? I'm not willing right now to risk long term success for the short term, since my 3 daughters are still young, I need to be around for them 25-30 years from now...

Anyway that's the way I'm looking at it...

Best to all, and God Bless...
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)