View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 5, 2007, 02:42 PM

Smile Need to Find Out!

We now have an appointment at the Center of Excellence at the University of Arizona on November 5 and you can believe I will be asking all of these questions. I'm hoping that I'm not getting our hopes up too high here, but at least Paul seems to fall in the category on the XLSA. No medical person here has been able to come up with any better explanation of why Paul is doing so well, except perhaps for the B6.

You may recall that we have been wondering about any relationship between Paul's DNA indicating he is an RA1A and his diagnosis. People with that DNA seem to be vulnerable to breast, ovarian and prostate cancer, among other forms of cancer. We have discussed this with Ruth at the conference. We don't have the foggiest idea if perhaps that doesn't have some application here. Interestingly, the National Geographic Genomic project emanates in part at least from the U of A.

I guess the bottom line here is that for some mysterious reason, Paul is doing quite well with his blood reports doing quite well and holding. Before the B6, it was definitely declining. The first three lettes of my name are K A T. Kats are always curious!