View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 22, 2009, 08:42 PM

No, I'm not your hematologist, and I certainly didn't mean to trigger a meltdown! All I meant was that given the test results you've told us, it is beyond me how he could arrive at a diagnosis of AA. You don't meet most of the criteria.

I can certainly understand your frustration, though. Sounds like you and your doctor need to have a heart-to-heart. He's probably frustrated too at not being able to figure this thing out, but you both need to figure out what you're going to do about your symptoms. I know they are often reluctant to do anything without a solid diagnosis because they don't want to be hit with a malpractice suit, but he needs to be reminded that you're a person with a life, not a puzzle that can be set aside until it's solved. Regardless of the diagnosis, your Hgb is too low and it is interfering with your life and your ability to earn a living. What are they going do RIGHT NOW to address that? Are they going to transfuse RBCs? Are they going to try EPO? These are some questions to ask. These are temporary measures and don't solve the underlying problem, but they can buy you some time and help you function better while you're waiting.

I wish I had a better answer, but I wish you good luck!