View Single Post
Old Fri May 19, 2017, 04:56 PM

Hi Meri. I had a mini transplant 5.5 yrs ago for severe PNH. I was diagnosed in April of 2011 and received my transplant in December of 2011. I did have ever worsening symptoms for prob abt 10 yrs that I tried to ignore. I had Fludarabine for 5 days and 2 TBI treatments. My hospital visit was exactly 2 weeks, which is pretty short for an ordeal which is very hard on your body, even if you receive a reduced intensity regimen as I did. Like Ruth C, I also had an unrelated donor, mine was male, who is still anon. My GVHD was fairly mild compared to many other patients, and has been well managed by the great med staff at PSL in Denver Co. If you require extended IV care, your med team may recc a smart port. I had one for a year or so when getting photo. IV treatments for GVHD. A lot of meds and dr's appts later, and my transplant dr and myself agree that my treatment plan was the best choice for my condition. Good luck and keep a positive mental attitude.

Mario