The Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF) is holding six one-day patient conferences
One of these conferences will be held Saturday, May 14 in Boston, Massachusetts. It's a multi-track conference for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families.
The conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on topics related to AA, MDS, and PNH, as well as sessions to help you live with and cope with these diseases.
Conference attendance is free. Breakfast and lunch are included. Discounted hotel rates are available to those who want to stay overnight.
Come hear about the latest information about diagnosis, treatment (including transplants), and medical research from leading experts, including:
- Dr. Joseph H. Antin, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Dr. Eyal C. Attar, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
- Dr. Monica Bessler, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Dr. Philip Scheinberg, National Institutes of Health
- Dr. David Steensma, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Dr. Richard Stone, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Dr. Ramon Tiu, Cleveland Clinic
- Dr. Adrianna Vlachos, Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children's Medical Center of New York
Patients and family members will also be able to
- meet these medical experts face-to-face
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease: coping with illness and fatigue, nutrition and exercise, etc.
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
Special programs included:
Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH
- Question and answer session for parents of pediatric patients
- Standing Up for Your Health (lunchtime program)
- Veterans & Bone Marrow Failure Diseases: a discussion and workshop especially important to Vietnam veterans
- Survivors Celebration (concluding program)
Saturday, May 11, 2011, from 8:30am to 5:00pm
Check-in begins at 7:30am.
Westin Waltham-Boston (15 miles from downtown Boston, see Google map)
70 Third Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451
Hotel self-parking is $11/day.
Discounted hotel rates are available if you make reservations by Thursday, April 21, 2011.
See "Conference Hotel & Directions" on the AA&MDSIF event page.
Use the online registration form to register for the conference.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, May 4.
For more information see the AA&MDSIF event page.