A free one-day patient conference will be held in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, April 21, 2012. The conference, hosted by the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF), is one of seven one-day patient conferences
This will be a multi-track conference for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families. Those who live in the West should plan to attend this conference or the June conference in Seattle, WA.
The conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on AA, MDS, and PNH, sessions to help you live with and cope with these diseases, and professionally-facilitated support sessions with your peers.
Conference attendance is free. Breakfast and lunch are included. Discounted hotel rates are available to those who want to stay overnight.
Come hear about the latest information about diagnosis, treatment (including transplants), and medical research from leading experts, including:
- Dr. Ronald Paquette, UCLA
- Dr. H. Phillip Koeffler, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Dr. Casey O'Connell, University of Southern California
- Dr. Bogdan Dumitriu, National Institutes of Health
- Dr. Michael Pulsipher, University of Utah
- Dr. Ramon Tiu, Cleveland Clinic
Patients and family members will also be able to
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
- attend professionally-facilitated support sessions
Special programs included:
Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH
- Standing Up for Your Health (lunchtime program)
- Celebration of Hope (concluding program)
Saturday, April 21, 2012, from 8:30am to 5:00pm
Check-in begins at 7:30am.
Westin Los Angeles Airport (Google map)
5400 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045
310-216-5858 (main), 800-937-8461 (toll-free reservations)
Discounted hotel rates are available if you make reservations by Wednesday, March 28, 2012.
Hotel self-parking is available but is not free.
See other hotel information on the AA&MDSIF event page.
Use the online registration form to register for the conference.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, April 11.
For more information see the AA&MDSIF event page.
The annual Los Angeles Hope, Steps & A Cure
fundraising walk will be held the following Saturday, April 28, 2012. Plan to attend both events!