Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 20, 2012, 12:03 PM

Update from Mayo

Met with wonderful Mayo doctor, Dr. Elliot. Very smart young lady. She suggested additional tests and asked me to join a study that only required donation of current samples - blood, marrow and cheek swab. No problem agreeing to that.
Gave a ton of blood samples. Should look like a prune.
Did another bone marrow yesterday. Again they did lots of samples.

The folks here are so professional and the sampling goes so well. Mayo is an amazing place. Also very MN nice.

My bone marrow had a fish analysis done previously. But Mayo will be doing some additional genetic testing actually looking at more chromosomes (?) Not sure how this is done. More of the wonders of DNA testing.

The pathologists here want to look at original slides or new samples which is good. I really want a second opinion on the previous report.

We meet with Dr. Elliot to review test results on Friday late. We are spending alot of days away from home but hopefully it will be very useful.

Thanks for all the reply's. It helps so much to know that I am not alone.
Carol, age 75, diagnosed with MDS 9/2012, on wait and watch, recently had blood values drop probably due to Arimixdex, values coming back, but still serious fatigue, recent bone marrow text showed only 2% blasts