View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 13, 2015, 01:54 PM

The bottom line is that you need to do what's right for you. Is what you're doing helping? Unless there's a contraindication with Cymbalta and other meds you are taking or with transplants, then I cannot imagine he would have a problem with it. And vitamin D...well, not certain why he didn't have that covered already. I think most who are under treatment are deficient. They continue to not address nutrient deficiencies...many which can occur as a result of the treatment because of eating issues or meds. You have to do what you can (within reason) to restore your health. It is a balancing act with transplants.

Hopefully his ego is not that fragile. I would just ask him what are the things he can/will handle and what role your primary care doctor should have. If he gets upset, it should be with the doc who prescribes the meds and not you. So don't let him put it on you.

Regarding the vitamin D, if it's prescription, it's probably D2 and not as good as OTC D3. Better results are achieved with D3. So you may want to discuss with your family doc next time.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.