View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 4, 2011, 12:07 PM

Hey Reno!

You can put all the stuff at the bottom of your messages by looking for the "My Settings" link up near the top of the page. Once you click that, look for "edit signature" in the lefthand menu of the settings page.It really is worth putting in a summary of what you know so far, because it will help other forum members know what's up with you.

I'm not an expert on Aranesp. I have very high natural levels of EPO, which makes me not a good candidate to respond to Aranesp. I did have one shot of it before the docs figured that out and had no ill effects (no response, either).

As I understand it, Aranesp works for about 10-20% of folks with MDS, mostly those who have low EPO levels. But, when it works, it can prevent having to have transfusions. Do you know if you've had your EPO level checked?

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com