Thread: Filgrastim
View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 25, 2016, 01:50 AM

Filgrastim

Hi, I've been having diagnostic tests to find the cause of my anaemia and low white cell count. A bone marrow biopsy was mentioned a while ago but I haven't had one. I have had tests which show that I have low iron, low vitamin A low Vitamin D and high ALP, amongst other slightly abnormal things.

I've had 3 blood transfusions, each three weeks apart. My white cells have been low but not critical.

Yesterday I was at a routine outpatient department to get the results of an abdominal scan when I had a seizure. I don't remember it. After I came round I found they had cut my clothes off and I had IVs in both arms. The doctor came in (I was in ED) and told me my neutrophils were very low and he rang my haematologist who ordered a Filgrastim injection. I came home last night but still feel very spacey. I had a house call for another blood test today and I'm seeing the haematologist tomorrow. I suspect I'll need another transfusion because I'm short of breath.

I was just wondering if there are any specific questions I should ask or any tests I need to ask about. This diagnostic process is taking a while now and I feel I need to be a bit more insistent that I get more information.

Thanks for any advice.